A place to share my love for fabric, paper and dishes!

Monday, April 16, 2012

Spring Mantel

Time to change out my Easter Mantel to a more seasonal Spring mantel.  Inspired by some spring cleaning, I decided to go with a clean white look, something not too fussy.  Ever since I moved my salvage yard window over to my mantel I have had a hard time moving it back to the wall it was hanging on!  So I kept the window and added some white, metal, grey wicker and greenery. 

After the window, the next piece I knew I wanted to use was the new metal ampersand that I could not leave Target without!
From there I found these great grey wicker baskets with clay pots in them at my favorite stomping grounds in Amish Country, they were reasonably priced at $8.99 for the large and $5.99 for the small.  I found the two glass containers with the same kind of greyish wicker at Marshalls - they were $6.99 each. 

I had the greenery and the bunny.  The candle holders, the frames and the bottles were all junk items I had and gave them a fresh new look with a can of spray paint - American Accents by Rust-oleum, Blossom White.  I even very lightly sprayed a grapevine ball for my third candle holder just to give it a little bit different topiary look.

I found these three little bottles for $1.99 each and added some tiny white narcissus flowers.

The two white bottles at the other end were a fun add because my son graciously volunteered to drink a bottle of Yuengling beer while I drank a Mike's Hard Lemonade in the name of art's sake.  After we enjoyed our beverages, I washed out the bottles, soaked off the labels and spray painted them white!

So since my mantel has had some spring cleaning - it is time to get back to the rest of the house.  Too bad I can't just spray paint everything white to give it a clean fresh look!

Thanks for stopping by!
I have linked this to two great  Parties - the Sunday Showcase at Under the Table and Dreaming by Stepanie Lynn and  Your Mantel at 52 Mantels.    The links to these sites are at the right. 
Loads of inspiration!

2 comments:

  1. I love your mantel! Love the power of paint to transform things especially when it's spray paint (so easy) Great job on your mantel. I love the look of the leaded glass window too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog and it gave me a chance to find you! I love the name of your blog and I like your style too. Any girl who drinks Mike's lemonade for the decorating cause is Ok with me. I love what you put on your mantel and I will be borrowing some ideas. I'm your newest follower.

    Robin
    Robin Flies South

    ReplyDelete