Saturday, November 10, 2012

Baby Gift Wrapping - More Girls!

Seems all of my daughter's good friends are having babies!!  No pressure Allie! You know I am dying to become a grandma, but all in good time!  
I enjoy shopping for baby gifts and love to try different ideas for wrapping them.

These happen to be for a sweet baby girl named Charlotte!  
These will be mailed out of state - so I wanted some decorations that would pack in a box without to much destruction.  I loved the soft color pallet of the scrap paper I had with soft pinks and greens.

I started with a neutral roll of off white paper, I purchased this roll at Michaels.  I figured I would use this for some of my Christmas gifts too. (I say that as if I have actually started my Christmas shopping!)
But with adding some rick rack and ribbon I made these very baby appropriate!
Can you tell I love buttons?
The flower below is made by using three different flower stamp and then cutting each of the flowers out by hand. I then layered the flowers and tucked some punched leaf fonds in for a little more interest.  These are one of my favorites to do.

I love the big thick chenille rick rack on this one too! It was just a left over scrap from another project- glad I am a bit of a hoarder, that jar of scraps comes handy sometimes! The pink and green behind the chenille are strips of scrap paper, I used a scallop punch along both edges.  
I wish baby Charlotte and her family wonderful healthy and happy times ahead!

I am linking to the following parties:
Overflowing with Creativity @ It's Overflowing
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
 Busy Monday @A Pinch of Joy
Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley
Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley

In the past few years my interests have grown from fabric to paper and now to dishes too! I just love prints, polkadots, plaids and paisleys- hence the blog name.

3 comments:

  1. That off white paper gives the package a softer look than white. I really like the embellishments especially the stamped flower. Don't worry Ann I have plenty of Halo stories until you become a grandmother . (Take your time Allie)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll come back to this post the next time that I want to make something special for our new granddaughter. Thanks. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty! You met the challenge of mailing and still looking good in a great way! Thanks so much for sharing on Busy Monday!

    ReplyDelete