Sunday, February 24, 2013

NY Times Crossword Breakfast

Good Morning! Ready for Breakfast?
Luckily college kids like to sleep in so I had time to take pictures, it was almost noon before we ate any of this.  It was more like lunch for my husband and I!
 Our youngest is home from college for the weekend so I thought I would use the new dishes we brought back from our trip to New York City for a nice breakfast.  I thought these NY Times Crossword Puzzle dishes were the cutest thing.
I found the plates at a store called Fishs Eddy.  It is the coolest, kind of vintage dish store with tons of character.  I would have liked to have bought a lot more - but this was about all I could carry in my luggage.  As it was I was worried that these would make it home in one piece.  If you are in NYC and you love dishes, I highly recommend a trip to this store - it is on Broadway at 19th st.  They do have a web sight @ www.fishseddy.com for the online shoppers!
I also bought the Initial Mugs on this trip.  They are from one of my favorite stores to visit in NYC, Anthropologie.  This store always has the most creative displays.  I am always in awe of their windows and vignettes about the store.  
We enjoyed our bagels and scones,
While our youngest downed just about the whole pitcher of milk and a muffin.
Tom brought home this little bouquet of flowers while he was out this morning, they were perfect for my little creamer.
A real crossword puzzle awaits. 
I hope you enjoyed your weekend!
Thanks for stopping by.

Sources:
Plates and creamers - Fishs Eddy
Black Placemats - World Market
Seafoam green is just a piece of scrapbook paper
Flatware - Marshalls last year
Mugs - Anthropologie
Napkins - Joanne Fabrics - I made them


I am linking up to the following parties:

Sunday Showcase @ Under the Table and Dreaming
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Table Top Tuesday @ A Stroll Thu Life
You're Gonna Love it Tuesday @ Kathe with an E
Let's Dish @ Cuisine Kathleen
Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley
Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley

In the past few years my interests have grown from fabric to paper and now to dishes too! I just love prints, polkadots, plaids and paisleys- hence the blog name.

26 comments:

  1. Cute table! Love Fish Eddy's NY store. I haven't been in several years, but it's always a treat. Amazing store full of fun dishes! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this table! I'm a nut for dishes as well, and would have fallen in love with this set too. As many times as I've been to New York, I've never been to this shop, so am heading to the website next. You did a lovely job pulling it all together. Wish I could have joined you for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like these plates, so cute!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, those are the cutest plates ever! What perfect dishes for breakfast! The flowers in the creamer are such a sweet touch, it all looks so inviting and fun! I had to immediately dash over to fish eddy to check out their wares, thanks for sharing the site, great stuff!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, those plates are adorable! I can see why you had to bring them home! My father-in-law would love them, as he is a crossword puzzle wizard. I need to plan a trip to that store -- sounds so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! Very creative.

    I hope you'll come see My Daughter's Master Bath Redo! #83 at Met Monday.

    Allison
    Atticmag

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the new dishes! I am a crossword puzzle fan, myself, and the table looked so fun and inviting! Some Scrabble tiles scattered around would have been a fun addition, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those plates are so much fun! Never seen any like them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my mom would love those dishes, That is one of the most original table scapes I have seen. This would be so perfect for house guest it would be such a wonderful thing to wake up to.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun table! You found some great goodies in NYC! I'm your newest GFC follower. Just wanted to thank you for stopping by today and leaving me a sweet comment on my Springtime Side Table Vignette. I hope you'll visit again soon and maybe even follow me back. Have a wonderful week!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun and perfect are these dishes. He loves crosswords. Sounds like such a fun shop. Love the tablescape. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, such fabulous dishes! I've never seen corssword puzzle's china, I'm in awe! Great tablescape my friend! Thanks for your lovely wishes for our Anniversary. Big hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun! Such whimsical dishes, they're fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those crossword puzzle dishes are too cute and perfectly paired with your Anthro initial mugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this tablescape is wonderful...and a store devoted just to vintage dishes? I am going online to visit it immediately! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Darling crossword puzzle plates!! And the monogrammed mugs. No Anthropologie around here.. sadly. .I am going to check out Fish Eddies.. thanks.. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have never been to Fish's Eddy, but put it on my list of places to go to on my next trip to NYC (never even heard of it!) Love the dishes and also love Anthropologie! Wish I could be at your home for breakfast :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those plates are absolutely the cutest! It sounds like you had tooo much fun in NYC and a wonderful weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ann, what cute crossword puzzle plates. I've admired those Anthropologie mugs for awhile. You put everything together so creatively.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have never been to Fish Eddy's, but I have been on the website. You created a darling table with those cute crossword plates. I, also, love the aqua colored plates and napkins. I am sure that your son appreciated the effort you put into preparing such a nice breakfast for him!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just laughed and laughed and laughed about your child who poured the milk down his throat! I am a SUPER milk lover, and I am often accused of doing the very same thing! It's just so good!!! I can't help it! I can easily get through a gallon of milk all by myself in a week's time around here! If these aren't just about the cutest dishes EVER!!! What a great find! I will most likely never visit NYC (I don't care to fly), but I have heard about that Fishs Eddy's a couple of times in the past week. I'm going to visit their website to see what fun things they have. This was a really, really well-planned and put together table, Ann! I love the creamy...what are we calling that color? Seafoam?....that you set against the black & white. It's a soft color, but it really holds its own. The bouquet was the perfect ending touch! Have a great weekend!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cute, cute, cute. Perfect table for breakfast or probably any time ones like to have fun, work a crossword puzzle, and laugh with family. Love those crossword plates! They makes the table and I am certain it is exactly the look you were wanting. Sweet flowers from hubby too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This table setting is adorable. I love the plates and cups. I noticed the cups were your initials. How sweet of your hubby to bring you flowers - they were a nice touch to your beautiful table.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are just so talented! Breakfast never looked so good.

    ReplyDelete