Friday, April 5, 2013

Yellow and Grey - Spring Tablescape

Yellow and Grey pretty much sums up our Spring so far around here!  So when I saw this fabric I knew it was going to be for my Spring Tablescape.

We have had such grey weather for so long, I almost forgot what the sun looked like!  And as I was putting this together today - the sun came out and was shining brightly!  I think it was a sign of good days to come.  At least I hope it was.
The fabric I used for the napkins kind of reminded me of all the rain drops we have seen so far this spring.
And the fabric in the runners sang April Showers Bring May Flowers to me!
And what would go better with the grey than my galvanized sprinkling can and flower box?
 These Tete-a-tete Narcissus were half price at a local nursery, just perfect for my little flower pots - which I showed on last year's  Office Book Shelves ReDo
I had to quick get this done before my tulips croaked!

I bought these beautiful faux silver rabbits for Easter, but they were patiently waiting in the wings until it was their time to be featured!
I think Mr. Rabbit is enjoying this photo shoot! 
More than my dog, Brandy, who fell asleep under the table!
Some assistant she is!  She should have told me that my flatware was not straight!
 Here's to hoping that all the rain and gloom will lead to a garden of beautiful blooms!

Sources:
Silver Chargers - Pottery Barn
White Chargers - Old Time Pottery
Yellow Plaid Plates - ElderBeerman's last year
Grey Salad Plate - Marshals last year
White square plate - Christmas Tree Shops- last year
Flatware - World Market
Yellow Napkins - Home Goods
Print Napkins and Runners - Fabric from Hobby Lobby
Silver Rabbits - Dutch Valley Gifts in Sugar Creek, Ohio

That was the nice thing about this table - I had most of these items already, you may have seen many of them in previous tablescape posts, just put a new theme on them.

I am joining in the fun at the following parties:
Party Junk @ Funky Junk Interiors
It's Party Time @ Three Mango Seeds
Sunday Showcase @ Under the Table and Dreaming
Inspire Me Tuesday @A Stroll Thru Life
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Let's Dish @ Cuisine Kathleen
Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley
Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley

In the past few years my interests have grown from fabric to paper and now to dishes too! I just love prints, polkadots, plaids and paisleys- hence the blog name.

23 comments:

  1. Your tablescape is just beautiful...I am a tablescaper and fully realize how much effort it takes to make a beautiful one and yours is so well thought out, love the gray and yellow, such pretty colors together, wish I had those two rabbits...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful table, Ann. I love that fabric...it could very well describe the weather where I am, too! The centerpiece is cheery enough to put a smile on anyone's face even if the weather is grey!
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gray and yellow is so popular now! I am thinking of re-doing my dining room in these colors. Love your table!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect cure for the winter blues. If we have any more grey days, I'll just think of it as part of you lovely table setting! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these colors together! We've had quite a bit of rain here too, but it seems to have really greened up the grass. Lovely table! Love your blog name, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful tablescape. I found you on It's So Very Cheri and I am a new follower. Come on over.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the gray and yellow together. I would never have thought to buy gray dishes, but paired with other colors they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the yellow and gray! Your table looks beautiful! Life to the full! Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. I REALLY like the yellow and gray combination and the yellow plaid plates...and I LOVE your silver rabbits. They are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the mix of colors, the flowers and the bunny!
    I love that you sewed your runner and napkins too!
    And I love your job, it sounds amazing.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so so so cute! I love the way you placed the runners across the table in lieu of place mats and I think bunnies are appropriate at all time in the garden! Your plate stacks are a fun mix of styles and patterns too. Thanks for the sweet grandma comments!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very sweet table! Perfect for spring!!
    Love it....
    Nancy
    http://wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. the yellow and gray is beautiful and yes, perfect for Spring. But my favorite photo is the last with your sweet pooch! My furry friends help me set tables too.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Ann, I love your pretty layers of dishes, but most especially, the beautiful napkins and runners that you made. The fabric just ties everything together. Those new silver bunnies are so pretty with the galvanized pieces. It's a good thing your flowers lasted for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yellow is my favorite color, so I really like this! Nice job and the fresh flowers are lovely. Your faithful friend under the table is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A perfect spring table. The blue and yellow just sing. Songs like rain rain go away! Your centerpiece is wonderful. Love your new bunny. Great, cheery table. blessings, xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I really like this color combo. I wouldn't have thought of pairing yellow and gray, because I always put it with black or blue. Those daffodils and tulips are the perfect touch with the silver bunnies. Really a cute table!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That makes total sense: the gray is for the gloomy and raindrops, the yellow is the sun we're all hoping will come and actually stick around for a bit. Perfect! Those 2 colors are so pretty together. They are the colors I'm considering for our master suite. I've had the yellow in there for 8 years now and still am not tired of it. I need to kick things up a notch, though, so I think gray is the color! This has helped turned that tide in my head! :-)

    This is such a pretty tablescape, and I love the centerpiece!!! It's not just a single thing, but a hodge podge of singular things that look great on their own but spectacular together!!! I like the way you "connected" it all with the moss.

    Very nice, dear Ann! VERY nice! Enjoy the rest of the week, and I hope sunshine finds its way to your doorstep soon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, how my oldest granddaughter would love this!! Gray is her favorite color and she loves it with purple and/or yellow (her room is yellow and gray). Your fabric is beautiful and and I am so glad that the yellow sun appeared to offset the overcast gray. Your plates are so pretty. Thanks for sharing this - wish my sewing machine was not broken - I would love to sew some pretties!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Not my favorite table, but it is my favorite dog in the world :)
    -just kidding the table looks awesome too mom!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a pretty table. I love runners that run the width instead of the length of a table. The colors are fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm with you it has been grey and rainy here in Michigan too. But your table is a breath of fresh air, I love the mix of dishes you used it is so pretty! Hope you have a wonderful weekend, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love those colors, Ann. The cloth is so lovely! Beautiful table!

    ReplyDelete