Sunday, November 17, 2013

Thanksgiving Mantel

Another weekend, another project!  This weekend I got my mantel in order for Thanksgiving.
This all started because my glittered turkey just didn't go with the rest of my Thanksgiving table - so the turkey got banished from the table and had to find another place to hangout for Thanksgiving.
So once Mr. Turkey landed on the Mantel - I had to add more glitz.  Now I will be honest with you - I never thought I would ever use the word glitz together with Thanksgiving - but that is what I did!
I used a mix of naturals and glitter!  
Using my computer, I printed out a simple saying on Kraft Paper Card stock, cut in in a banner shape, distressed the edges with ink and then added a little more sparkle on the edges with some gold glitter.
I used packing tape to tack down the  grapevines to the top edge of my mantel and then used some brown moss to cover up any tape showing.
I would be careful with what you use though- some tapes may pull the paint or finish off of your mantel, this method seems to be fine for the finish on my mantel, but I would hate for anyone to ruin their mantel because of what I was using.
Finishing it all off with a few gold pumpkins, bronze and gold glittered acorns and some gold glitter candles.  I used the same ribbon from the wreath to ties bows around the candles, just to tone them down a bit.  
For us Thanksgiving is all about Family.  We will be gathering with a lot of family next week for great conversation, catching up, some reminiscing, football and of course, food!

I hope you have a very nice Thanksgiving! And don't eat too much!

I will be linking up at the following parties:
Sunday Showcase @ Under the Table and Dreaming
Centerpiece Wednesday @ The Style Sisters
Wow Us Wednesday @Savvy Southern Style
Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley
Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley

In the past few years my interests have grown from fabric to paper and now to dishes too! I just love prints, polkadots, plaids and paisleys- hence the blog name.

4 comments:

  1. Love your rustic mantle, Everything looks so good together. I love the window frame and the grapevines together. Have a wonderful holiday.

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now YOU have a pretty turkey!!! he looks great up there on the mantle presiding over the festivities:) Love the grapevine too. Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! The window frame caught my eye as I recently put in a faux fireplace and I'm looking for inspiration on what I like above mantels. Everything works together beautifully.
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann, Where have you been? I am looking for a new post. Miss you!!! Candy

    ReplyDelete