Monday, November 11, 2013

Thanksgiving Tablescape - Wishing you a Pheasant Holiday

I know I am a little early for my Thanksgiving table - but when you work in retail- you do things when you can!!  I work for a toy company, the next six weeks will just be crazy for us little elves who help the stores stock the shelves.  Yesterday ended up being a wonderful relaxing Sunday -  so what better time to set my Thanksgiving Table!  I am very Thankful to God for the many blessings I have, so I always enjoy setting a Thanksgiving Table, even though I do not host Thanksgiving Dinner.

I went with a pheasant theme this year!  
Some of my earliest memories of Thanksgiving include my father and his brothers coming home from hunting, each carrying a few pheasants by the tails, all looking very proud of their success that morning.  

I will, however, spare you from the images still burned in my brain of some dead pheasants being plopped down on the kitchen counter!

and instead, go for some more pleasant images of some beautiful pheasant statues I found on a recent trip to Amish Country.  

 I used some faux pheasant feathers in my centerpiece.  I am pretty sure no pheasants were harmed in the making of this table!
Sticking with the naturals and browns, I pulled out one of my favorite paisley tablecloths in shades of grey and brown.  I used the same dishes I used last year because I love them.

These cream color plates have a beautiful raised pattern of leaves and acorns on them.
The chargers do as well.  The burlap runner is on loan from a friend - left overs from her daughter's wedding - which can be seen at one of my earlier posts by clicking here
I had purchased a couple of these burlap napkins last year, my intent then was not to use them as napkins, but to line some bread baskets.  Luckily when I went back to the little shop I purchased them at - they had some more and I was able add a few more to complete my table. These burlap napkins are  actually made out of cotton, so they are soft and not likely to scratch someones lips off if they were to wipe their mouth!  
 It must have been my lucky week last week because I walked into World Market and found complimentary stemware to the amber glasses I already had - on CLEARANCE!!!  I never saw these there when they were full price - good thing - I probably would have bought them and paid much more for them.  
I wanted to remind everyone why we gather for this day - besides watching football - so I added the little Thankful tags on the napkin rings.  I just printed these out on my computer using Kraft paper card stock and then cut them out on my Cuddlebug using a Spellbinders die  and distressed the edges a bit - but they could easily be done in a rectangle for those who don't have all the scrapbooking supplies.   
  Whether you are traveling, cooking or just enjoying,  I hope you get some time to reflect on what you are Thankful for and have a pleasant Thanksgiving.  

Speaking of being Thankful - Thanks for stopping by and for all the wonderful comments you have left over time.  I read each and every comment and get so much joy from them.  Many times it is those little things in life that mean so much!


Sources:
Table Cloth - Marshalls last year
Chargers - Better Homes and Garden - last year at Walmart
Dishes -Tii Collections Dol Havest Leaves - Butterchurn Kitchenwares in Walnut Creek Ohio last year
Burlap Napkins -by Nancy's Nook -  Olde Picket Fence in Hartville Ohio
Flatware - Ikea in the spring
Stemware - World Market
Pheasants - Berlin Village Gift Barn - Berlin Ohio last month

I will be linking up at the following parties:
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Let's Dish @Cuisine Kathleen
Tablescape Thursday Between Naps on the Porch
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Seasonal Sundays @ The Tablescaper
Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley
Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley

In the past few years my interests have grown from fabric to paper and now to dishes too! I just love prints, polkadots, plaids and paisleys- hence the blog name.

21 comments:

  1. That is got to be one of my favorite tables I have seen....Love the textures and colors you used. And those dishes? I am swooning..... I'd love to see if I could find some of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table is beautiful! I am pinning :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Ann, I love what you did with the napkins! Your leaf plates are gorgeous, how perfect! I am hosting Thanksgiving for the first time in years and have been trying NOT to buy anything~so hard when I see all the pretty fall plates everyone is using! Your centerpiece is gorgeous!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ann! I just love your Thanksgiving table...so many pretty things to take in on it. All of the layers that you added are great. I'm a sucker for pheasant feathers...I use faux ones like you...I think they are elegant and masculine. Those napkins are great...they have a rustic look but thank goodness not a rustic feel. Thanks for sharing your table...I saw your post over at "Savvy Southern Style" blog party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your table is beautiful!! I love that centerpiece and those cotton burlap napkins are perfect! World Market has surprised me too with some neat clearance items. It's always nice to come across a find like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH my, this is absolutely exquisite. I love it all. Your centerpiece is stunning. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love everything about this great table...
    It looks so inviting. Love those little tags.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the natural look of your table, Ann. Those napkins are so pretty and lucky you to find more and the pretty stemware, too. The "thankful" tags are such a sweet touch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ann, I adore your burlap napkins with your thankful tags! Your flatware, amber stems, and BEAUTIFUL arrangement sends me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ann - that centerpiece is just magnificent!! The entire table is perfect for Thanksgiving. I love everything with acorns on them, so your tableware pieces are calling to me - lol! I will set a table this year, too, even though with are celebrating with our daughter. I really enjoyed this post - I think it is my favorite of yours. P. S. I have similar memories regarding birds , but quail and dove were the ones brought into our house!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh dear Ann you outdid yourself with such a gorgeous table for your Tksgiving 2013...wish I could go and sit there to give thanks! The centerpiece is amazing with lovely dishes too. Thank you for coming, you made my day!
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning table. You did an amazing job. I love to create beautiful tablescapes as well. It's my first time visiting, and I just became your newest follower. Would love for you to follow me back at maddiebellahome.blogspot.com . I look forward to visiting again soon.

    Betty (maddiebellahome)

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, beautiful...just beautiful, Ann. The centerpiece is gorgeous. I am not crazy about burlap due to the scratchiness and smell, but love the idea of those cotton napkins looking like the real thing.
    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely pheasant scape, I love the rustic leaf dishes and all of the beautiful browns. The burlap napkin is a great touch to finish this table off. You did an amazing job on the centerpiece and all of the other fall elements of this beautiful fall table. I love going to Ohio's Amish country too, I find some wonderful tablescaping items in the quaint little antique stores.

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love pheasants and your table is stunning! I especially love your putting together of the napkins. They are that extra touch that make it outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all the elements in this wonderful table setting...so very nice! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi lovely lady.
    Your tablescape is Gorgeous and the centerpiece is stunning . You did a great job putting this table all together . It's my first time visiting, and I just became your newest follower. Would love for you to follow me back . I am hoping you have a wonderful week with your family I will come back and see you soon.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  18. That centerpiece is to die for! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing your pretty table at Wow. This will be one of the features at this week's party.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful table, Ann. We have served pheasant in the past, but it's not on the menu this year. '-)
    I like the mix of paisley and burlap. I'm going to remember that. Your place settings are perfect for this table full of elegant textures.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE this table. Glorious! Cheers to you!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete