Monday, May 5, 2014

Cinco de Mayo - Fun and Color

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!
We are celebrating another holiday that we really have no place celebrating, but we are along for the fun!


I just love the colors!

As you can probably tell, I pulled every bright colored dish I had out of the cupboard and put it them on my hutch!  
I made the paper Mexican fiesta flag bunting on my Silhouette and just strung it up with some orange hemp twine.
 
Now don't get all excited about the fact that my paper flags are hanging directly over my candles, because if you notice - most of my candles are never actually lit!!  I think I have mentioned before that my dad was a fireman and strictly prohibited candles being burnt in our house growing up.  So as most dad's have instilled a certain kind of fear in us, I don't usually burn my candles.  
Nothing says Fiesta more than adding some rick rack to some plain napkins!  That is like a party in my napkin drawer!


So Ole!  Hoping you can put some color and fun into your days!

Sources:
Tablecloth - HomeGoods 
Rattan Chargers and Napkin Rings - Pier 1 Imports
Flatware - Ikea
Colorful Plates - Dollar Tree
Red and Yellow Pitchers - Marshalls several years ago
Maracas and Mexican hats - Party City
Clay Pots - Pat Catans and Lowe's
Corn and White Beans - at any grocery store!

I will be linking up at the following parties:
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Amaze Me Monday @Dwellings
Masterpiece Monday Boogieboard Cottage
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life
Tip Me Tuesday @ The Tip Junkie
The Scoop @ Confessions of a Plate Addict
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Table It @ Rustic & Refined
Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley
Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley

In the past few years my interests have grown from fabric to paper and now to dishes too! I just love prints, polkadots, plaids and paisleys- hence the blog name.

11 comments:

  1. Happy Cinco De Mayo to you too! What time do we eat? Wow, all that wonderful bright and passionate colors...love this table and I especially like the way you used corn kernels as filler. Thats really creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun and festive! Love the colours and the great trim you've added to your napkins!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ole to you Ann! Very festive indeed! I love to do Mexican tables because the more color the better and anything goes! I love that you carried it over to your hutch with all the bright dishes and your "potted" candles are so clever!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is totally perfect. I love it. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great Cinco de Mayo table! I LOVE all the colors, and especially like the rick-rack napkins!! You've done a great job of creating a table with a theme that is warm, welcoming and festive. Bravo!!! Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your Cinco de Mayo was a fun day even if you're not accustomed to celebrating it every year. I have it in my blood, so I'm all over it every year...except this year! I've just had a tough time getting all the food and decor prepared. I'm slowing down. Oh, no!!!!!! :-)

    I'll admit I did a double-take when I saw the banner hanging over the candles, but I was prepared to just calmly dial 911 and move on! It's all for the sake of beautiful table decor and colorful dining...even if that dining experience turns out to be flame red & yellow!!! :-)

    Have a great week and a very happy Mother's Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun and colorful table to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. Banners, candles galore...Bravo! Great idea to carry the theme to your hutch. Party time...Ole!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've created a bright & fun table and I'm enamoured with the centerpiece(s)!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG Ann, your table setting for 5 de Mayo is fabulous! I love everything about it, so many lovely elements that make it perfect! I love all the colors, that's the best part! The hutch is great, you carried the theme well enough my friend.
    Have a happy Mom's Day now.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ann thanks so much for joining me in my first Link Party...I hope you had a good time and got some traffic to your showcase your vibrant and colorful table!

    Happy Mother Day Tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

  11. I loved your Tip Me Tuesday link . {thanks girl!}

    Would you like Tip Junkie to feature your blog post to over 200,000 creative women? If you upload this blog post into your Tip Junkie craft room using at least 2 images, 2 steps, and blog post URL then I can easily feature it in my RSS feed, home page, and all my social networks instantly. {squealing with delight}

    ~ Laurie {a.k.a. the Tip Junkie}
    http://www.tipjunkie.com/post/how-to-add-a-craft-room-project-on-tip-junkie/

    ReplyDelete