Sunday, August 17, 2014

Barnyard Tablescape

Wow, it has been a while, but I am back with a Barnyard Tablescape!
On one of my recent trips through Amish Country, I found this cute Barnyard animal print
 Which of course got my wheels turning. 
  I knew I wanted to incorporate my burlap napkins and chargers and just went through by dishes to see what would work the best with the napkin print.

 I  also knew I had some little bales of hay somewhere in my stash of fall stuff, and while I was looking for that I came across a bundle of wheat that worked out great for my centerpiece.

I am in love with these little dairy jars.  I had been eying them in Michaels since they first came in, now I had a coupon in hand and a good reason for the purchase!
 added some various barn yard animals!
and when you have chickens . . . .
 you have to have chicken wire napkin rings!
The black and white buffalo check place mats just seemed to ground it all!
 OK!  I have to ask - How many of you "Moo" when you drive by a cow?
I just have to!!  I can't help my self!

Thanks for stopping by the Barnyard!

Sources:
Placemats and red plates - Marshalls- several years ago
Burlap Chargers, Chickens, and other Barnyard animals - Hobby Lobby
Napkin Rings and Tan dishes - Amish Country Peddler in Walnut Creek, Ohio
Burlap Napkins - the Olde Picket Fence in Hartville, Ohio last year 
Sorrento cream plates and corn dishes - Butter Churn Kitchen Wares in Walnut Creek, Ohio
Dairy jars - Michaels

I will be joining the following linking parties:
The Scoop @ Confessions of a Plate Addict
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life
Lou Lou Girls Fabulous Party @ Lou Lou Girls
Wow Us Wednesday @Savvy Southern Style
Tablescape Thursday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley
Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley

In the past few years my interests have grown from fabric to paper and now to dishes too! I just love prints, polkadots, plaids and paisleys- hence the blog name.

20 comments:

  1. What a fun table! I like the black and white with all the red details. Must find myself some buffalo check in black and white. Love the napkin fabric too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the barnyard tablescape with all of the fun colors.....but the chickens are my favorite! As always, your table is not only fun, but beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration!
    Blessings,
    Lanita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann, love the tablescape...anything to do with chickens/roosters instantly catches my eye. The buffalo checked placemats and red napkins are so perfect for this table! I would be so happy to find napkin rings made with chicken wire. The little milk jugs remind me of many years ago in grade school before they went to disposable cartons.
    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is so lovely! Loving the hay and vintage milk bottles:)
    xx
    Mila
    milawayable@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your tablescape. Yes I admit I moo when I see cows too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband grew up on a dairy farm, so of course we moo! Your table is absolutely charming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun tablescape. Love the black, white and red and the buffalo check place mats and the cute milk/cream bottles with a straw.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your tablescape...and love collecting little dairy bottles too....the fabric is so pretty and perfect for your farmhouse table..the chicken wire napkin ring is the cutest!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! We mooed in Maine when we saw moose signs because we never saw any moose! They told us we would see so many! lol That is too funny.
    I love your table! Your napkins are divine! This is just so darn cute! Love the little bottles, that I now will have to go buy some! I want to drink milk out of them! Cute for kids too! Your chicken napkin ring is clever! Thanks for sharing. This table made me so happy!
    Blessings My Friend,

    ReplyDelete
  10. This must be my 5th attempt to leave a comment. What's wrong with my iPhone? Let me try my iPad now. I love your farm table, Ann. The napkins are really pretty, so pretty with all the animals and my fave of all is the addition of hay....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so adorable! The hay and those gorgeous napkins....Love this tablescape!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a fun table, I love all of the farm details. The napkins are adorable!! Love the rustic charm that's going on!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OK...a little weird that YOU moo, but I'll just chalk it up to your love of nature??? That just made me laugh!!!

    I LOVE THIS TABLESCAPE!!!!!!! You did a fabulous job here, Ann! It's great for the transition from summer into fall, and the barnyard nature of it is just so cool! I really like the combination of fabrics. The buffalo check is perfect with the fabric found in Amish country!

    I have some of those cute little dairy bottles, and I'm anxious to use them. They look so sweet on your table. They remind me of kindergarten...because I am THAT old that they actually served milk in BOTTLES for snack time back then! :-) :-) :-)

    The chicken wire napkin rings are right on time! Perfect!!!

    This is great Americana!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't even begin to tell you how much I love this one. It is so much up my alley. I love the creative and whimsical tables better than any other type. (And since I pretty much love every type, that's saying something.) My favorite thing about this one is the way the burlap looks inside the print napkins. It's perfect with all the other farm yard touches.

    I'm late getting around to visiting tables this week. My daughter had oral surgery at the end of the week, and I've been very distracted being nursemaid to a chipmunk. So glad I got a chance this morning to visit the tables and see this. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OK, I'm back with this: I have been browsing your old posts and discovered that I need to follow you so I can see what you have up your sleeve next. I love your style!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is MOOvelous !!!!!!!!!!! what a fun table and although I am allergic to hay I would still love to sit at that table ACHOO!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so delightful! Pinned. Thanks for being a part of our party. I hope you get a chance to stop by tonight at 7 pm. We love having you! http://loulougirls.blogspot.com
    Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ann this is to cute I got to tell you I hate chickens and chicken decor but you pulled this together so perfectly all the dishes are just right just a few barnyard animals, the bales of hay the wheat so stinking cute I was giggling as I read the blog.LOVE LOVE LOVE the chicken wire napkin rings this is one creative table. I have the same checkered placemats that I am using in my post this week.Susie

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE this table Ann! The fabric is awesome, I wish I had some, what great napkins!!! and the chicken wire napkin rings!! The bold checks, hay and wheat is all so great and perfect for the "farm". The pitcher of milk and milk bottles, it's all GREAT!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  20. Of course I moo.... We are sisters!!!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete