Sunday, September 28, 2014

Pear Tablescape- the start of Fall

The leaves are just starting to change here in Ohio!  We just had the most gorgeous weekend,  it was hard for me to come inside and finish up my Pear Tablescape.
But I am glad I did because if I waited much longer, pears would be out of season!
 Since the trees are just starting to change, right now we are still seeing quite a bit of green, yellow and red in the landscape.
 I just went out to my yard and cut some small branches off a few trees for my centerpiece,
 and loaded up a serving tray with an assortment of fall pears.
 I added some walnuts pieces to the tray, just so my pears would sit up straighter, but I like the way the walnuts add some texture.


I have had these paisley napkins for years, I thought the colors went well with the selection of pears.

I have a sudden craving for a pear salad now, I think I will have to stop after work tomorrow and pick up some gorgonzola!!

I hope your fall has started out as beautiful as ours has here.  
Thanks for stopping by.


Sources:
Pear Plates(M Studios), Burlap Placemats and Paisley Napkins - Marshalls- all last year or more
Chargers and Napkin Rings - Pier 1 Imports
Green Sorrento Dinner Plates and tray -Butterchurn Kitchenwares in Walnut Creek Ohio
Yellow Plates - Berlin Village Gift Barn in Berlin Ohio
Square white plate - Christmas Tree Store a couple years ago
Flatware - Ikea
Stemware -  World Market -last year

I am joining the fun at the following parties:
Amaze Me Monday @Dwellings- The Heart of Your Home
That DIY Party (Fall Edition) @  DIY Showoff
Inspire Me Tuesday @A Stroll Thru Life
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style

Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley
Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley

In the past few years my interests have grown from fabric to paper and now to dishes too! I just love prints, polkadots, plaids and paisleys- hence the blog name.

10 comments:

  1. Very striking table, Ann! I had to look twice at the salad plates, the pears look like I could pick one up to enjoy. Love your centerpiece with the variety of pears and walnuts. I always forget to use fruits, veggies, nuts for centerpieces. Very pretty napkins.
    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty!!! I love your pear plates and your centerpiece. Great idea about the walnuts----you're right about the texture. Your colors are PERFECT for this time of year. Your table is warm and welcoming. Thank you for sharing. Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous color combinations, Ann! I love how you carried the greens, yellows, and reds through every detail on the table. Is here anything more elegant than a pear? I think not! Love your tablescape! I need to learn how to layer dishes like you do so my dining tables doesn't look so skimpy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the walnut lined pear tray Ann, that looks great! I love the pears in the colors of the falling leaves, and yes a pear salad with gorgonzola sounds perfect!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what a beautiful table! I love the pears and the PLATES!!! The napkins are perfect. The addition of the nuts was perfect too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is magnificent the colors are so perfect. I wish leaves changed here in San Diego but palm trees don't change colors and I really miss the Fall colors here.also the temps are climbing high back to the 100 mark this weekend that does not say Fall to me.Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Ann! I've been out of commission for awhile, so I've missed a couple of great posts on your blog. I'm going to go check them out at length in a moment.

    I don't think pears go out of season very soon. Remember..."...and a partridge in a pear tree!" :-)

    Gosh, this is pretty, pretty, pretty. I love the way you used the walnuts to steady the pears in the centerpiece. What a clever idea! The texture of the walnuts just really is a great contrast, plus pears, walnuts and cheese (with wine, of course!) is a great combo!

    I'm glad you were able to pull yourself away from the gorgeousness of outside to create this remarkably beautiful tablescape! It represents fall at its very finest, and my pinning finger is about to get a workout!

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty early fall table! Your tablescape will be featured at The Scoop this coming Monday. Thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your fall table scape. The pear dishes are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete