Sunday, May 3, 2015

Cinco de Mayo Table- Hot Centerpiece!

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!  Let's have some fun!
Time for some intense color.
 Speaking of intense, I decided to turn up the heat a bit on the centerpiece.
 With heat from my sun and many peppers
 This was one of the easiest and cheapest centerpieces I have ever made.  I cut the sun shape out of a piece of gold card stock using my Silhouette and just glued it to a bamboo skewer.  While I was at the grocery store I found this little bag of mini sweet peppers for $3.56 , much cheaper and more fun than any flowers I could find.  
So I skewered up my mini peppers and used some small ferns I had as filler.  I rarely have any florist oasis - so I usually resort to a Styrofoam cup.  It worked perfectly fitting down in side my pitcher to hold all of the pepper skewers  
 This all made for a hot looking centerpiece that is easy, inexpensive and edible!
                                             (Well at least the peppers and the mangoes)
Now we just needed a beverage to cool us off.  As you may have noticed in the past - I pick my beverages - not necessarily by taste - but by color to go with the table.  My guys will test out the beverages and let me know if they are any good,
So adios for now, I hope you all have a festive Cinco de Mayo.

Sources:
Chargers and Napkin Rings - Pier One Imports
Gold Dinner Plates and Gold napkins - Homegoods a while ago
Red Napkins - The Coop at Dutch Valley Gifts in Sugar Creek Ohio
Salad Plates and Red Pitcher - Marshalls two years ago
Flatware - Ikea - last year
Turquoise napkin  - I just used on my Easter table but taking on a different role here

I am linked up at:
Metamorphosis Monday@ Between Naps on the Porch
The Scoop @ StoneGable
Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley
Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley

In the past few years my interests have grown from fabric to paper and now to dishes too! I just love prints, polkadots, plaids and paisleys- hence the blog name.

7 comments:

  1. LOVE that centerpiece! It is perfect for your theme and you were so creative to think of it - bonus that it didn't cost much either. Your tablescape is so colourful and festive. I'd love to try one of those "beverages" too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!! awesome center piece! beautiful table setting. I was at pier one yesterday looking at all the dishes and dreaming! lol!
    have a great week
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  3. OUTSTANDING centerpiece Ann! It was already pinned to my flowers board before I could finish reading your post!! So clever fun and different!! Happy Cinco de Mayo, your table is muy bonita!!!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great centerpiece and so easy! LOVE the sun cut-out and your idea to skewer the peppers. Happy Cinco de Mayo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the colors -- so festive! I would love to eat at your table. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ann, Love this wonderful bright and colorful Cinco De Mayo tablescape. The centerpiece came out perfect for the occasion. Hot Peppers and sunshine!! Perfect!!

    I saw that the "Splendid Spring" garage sales are this coming weekend in Sugarcreek. I am trying to talk DH in to taking me on Friday or Saturday for my Mother's Day present. I am thinking that after the long winter this year that there will be a lot of people chomping at the bit for garage sale season (including me).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of the great colors you incorporated into your Cinco de Mayo tablescape, and especially love the centerpiece! How creative.....I've got it pinned as inspiration for next year!
    Blessings,
    Lanita

    ReplyDelete