Monday, February 13, 2017

Kitchen Before and After Reveal

Our fixer upper kitchen has been transformed into a totally updated and open place to cook and gather!
Just to remind you what we started with:
I love my new kitchen now!!
I am happy with the choices we made.  
If you would like to see more of the before and during photos - check out my previous post- Our Kitchen Remodel
In that post I mentioned that I was a bit scared on how my choice of the two dark cabinets on either side of the range would look - now it is one of my favorite parts of the kitchen.

One of my other favorite choices was not doing a lazy susan (which loosing half of its contents off the back every time you spin it -was a pet peeve of mine) and doing the three deep drawers in the corner.  They are much bigger than they look and store a plethora of items.
Moving the sink over to the big window that overlooks the lake was the absolute right thing to do.
We chose not to do a farmhouse sink because I like a double bowl sink and this stainless steel sink came free with the counter tops!!  It was just one of the choices we made to save a little somewhere along the road- after all we have the whole house to redo.  (see the rest of the fixer upper here)

  The island we decided upon is a free standing piece of furniture.  We did not want to put pendant lights over it because we can turn it going the opposite direction if we so choose to do.
It actually cost us less to purchase this piece than put in two small cupboards and granite on top plus I think this piece has much more charm!  This island has a stainless steel top, which I love the look of - but I have to say it does scratch very easily.  We hid our microwave inside the island, luckily we thought far enough ahead to include an electrical outlet in the floor.

The other side of this island pulls out for additional seating
The only thing I don't like about it - is that we have a dog that loves tennis balls.  She is forever trying
to fish her tennis balls out from underneath the island!

We have plenty of storage with the three pantry cabinets on the far left.

So here is the final comparison 

Sources:
NOTE: THESE ARE NOT ENDORSEMENTS FOR THESE PRODUCTS
I AM NOT GETTING PAID NOR AM I RECOMMENDING THESE PRODUCTS
THESE ARE WHAT WE USED- YOU MAY OR MAY NOT LIKE THE DURABILITY OR QUALITY THAT WE CHOSE:
Flooring -Hartville Hardware -  Hardwood - Vallaria Pacific Pecan- Greystone
Cabinets -Home Depot - Thomasville - in Toasted Almond on Cotton
and the dark cabinets are Graphite
Counter tops - Home Depot -Silestone - Iron Bark
Backsplash - Hartville Hardware - Mediterranean's Chicago Brick Tile - South Side
Island - Andreas Furniture - Paula Deen Furniture line - River House - now being discontinued
Multiple Pendant light fixture over table - PotteryBarn- Paxton 8 light Pendant
The table and chairs -had from our old house- had them made at Swiss Valley Furniture


So far so good!  I hope the rest of the house transforms this nicely!
We are currently having some work done on the outside of the house, so stop back to see more updates to our little fixer upper.

Thanks for stopping by,
Ann

I am linking up to the following parties:
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Amaze Me Monday @ Dwellings - The Heart of Your Home
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life
The Scoop @ Cedar Hill Farmhouse
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Share Your Style @Essence of Home
Feathered Nest Friday @French Country Cottage
Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley
Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley

In the past few years my interests have grown from fabric to paper and now to dishes too! I just love prints, polkadots, plaids and paisleys- hence the blog name.

20 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this is absolutely stunning. What an amazing makeover. I love all of your choices and the new floor plan is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitchen looks Fabulous.....love all the white, and it looks like Joanna Gaines
    has been there........lol
    I love her style and seems you do too..........
    Great job and thanks for sharing it with us,
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out beautiful! What a huge transformation! I am loving the stone and the island.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kitchen is beautiful! You've made perfect choices; the lighting to the tile...everything turned out perfectly.
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!!!!!!!!

    I cannot even believe the befores and how your incredible kitchen looks now. Stunning - you did an amazing job!

    How difficult was it to close off that window putting your stove and nifty hood in its spot? Just wondering.

    Well done, ma'am!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michele, it wasn't too big of a deal to remove the window and drywall the section from the inside, however, we were already planning on changing out our siding on the outside of the house. The outside would be the harder part when dealing with trying to match existing siding. Since we knew we were doing the siding about a month later there was no problem, they put up plywood and cut a hole for the vent, put a temporary vent cover on, then the siding guys covered the wood and put a permanent vent over on. We , of course, then put up our brick tile over the patched drywall. I hope that helps!

      Delete
  6. Ann, I simply love your kitchen makeover. Your selections are outstanding in appearance and function. You obviously have some mad skills in home improvement, too. Excellent job!
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful transformation! love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of the prettiest kitchens I have seen in blog land. Every choice you made is perfect! I am sure you will get years of love and enjoyment out of it!
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful kitchen! It's hard to believe it is the same kitchen. I LOVE your cabinet choice of toasted almond. One can only dream of a pantry like this one. Enjoy your new kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful job and very inspiring! I have white cabinets and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just found your blog and am LOVE it! And your kitchen. Soooo Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your kitchen is GORGEOUS!!! I LOVE absolutely everything about it! you are amazing and very inspiring, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very interesting and informative blog and about the kitchen remodeling and I must appreciate your work well done keep it up.
    kitchen remodeling in los angeles

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow, this is absolutely stunning. What an amazing makeover. I love all of your choices and the new floor plan is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your kitchen is GORGEOUS!!! I LOVE absolutely everything about it! you are amazing and very inspiring, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic remodel job! Love the cupboards, appliances and wood flooring. Beautiful countertops too! I remember seeing this before but I didn’t know the whole story about the house.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice work! You have laid out the whole space beautifully and I love both the stone cladding and the finish of the floors.

    ReplyDelete