Thursday, February 2, 2017

Valentine's Day Hot Cocoa Bar

Love warms the heart like a good cup of hot cocoa!
I'm celebrating Valentine's Day just a bit early with some good friends who warm my heart.
Since it has been snowing lightly on and off for the last few days, I thought a hot cocoa bar would be perfect for this gathering.
I used a lot of black -which doesn't really seem like a cheerful color but I love the way red pops off of it.  Plus I had these mix and match black and white mugs I wanted to use for the cocoa.

What's fun is hot cocoa with out all the extras?
I have all sorts of sprinkles and flavors to add to that plain cup of cocoa.
I made some little favor bags with a cupid's arrow piercing through the top,
just to let them know how much the mean to me.
Then I dangled some XO's from the arrow for some extra hugs and kisses.
We will be having some fun until we come down off the sugar high I will be giving everyone!
Wishing you all a warm cup of cocoa this Valentine's Day!

Check back in next week when I reveal my kitchen makeover in our fixer upper!
(See my previous post about our fixer upper !!)

Sources:
Plaid and paisley mugs - Butterchurn Kitchenware - in Walnut Creek
Black wood scroll chargers, white dinner plates, and napkins - Pier 1 Imports (I bought a while ago - but they were still carrying all them last time I was there)
Polka dot desert plate - Elder Beerman quite a few years ago
Heart plate on top - Micheals on clearance after last Valentine's day
Red placemats - Bed Bath and Beyond
Flatware and red plates - Marshall's - several years ago

I am linking up to the following parties:
Tablescape Thursday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Feathered Nest Friday @French Country Cottage
Dishing It and Digging It @ Life and Linda

Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley
Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley

In the past few years my interests have grown from fabric to paper and now to dishes too! I just love prints, polkadots, plaids and paisleys- hence the blog name.

7 comments:

  1. Such a cute idea, and I think red and black is perfect for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the black and white checkered tablecloth and all the red pops. The hot cocoa station idea is so cute. I love marshmallows and whipped cream with hot chocolate! You and I could swap pieces if we lived close to each other!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Valentine table....and that you used the Hot Cocoa station/display as your centerpiece! What a great idea! Thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely idea and I love the colors. Thank you for sharing at Dishing it and Digging it link party. We love having you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ann, this is my first visit to your blog but I'm so happy I came over from your well-deserved feature at DIDI. Love the black and white, and like you, I love how the red pops off of it. Love those mugs especially!
    I'll most certainly come back for the kitchen reveal, as we are about to begin our own kitchen update project. I hope I'll have time to share the process on my own blog, but only time will tell. It may just be a reveal when it's all over.
    Happy Valentine's Day. Your cocoa bar gift to your friends is super sweet (no pun intended).
    Rita C at Panoply

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Ann, congrats on being featured this week at our link party, Dishing It & Digging It. Love the black and white with red. Excited to hear more about your kitchen. Have a lovely week and Happy Valentines to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My first time visiting as well but I'll be back. I have many of the same things you are using. What I don't have are those cute harlequin square bowls - where did you get those? Your table is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete