Monday, August 14, 2017

Luau Fun!

We had some Luau fun this weekend,
so I thought I would get in the spirit with a Luau Tablescape.
My wonderful next-door neighbor, Patsy, let me cut a few of her flowers off her bushes for my colorful centerpiece.
I added the real flowers to one of the fake napkin rings and you can hardly tell!
Our lake ski club holds an annual Luau at the beach as a fundraiser. Having never been to Hawaii,  I enjoyed our little version.
There was some ceremonial Luau activities, as well as dancing and lots of contests. We participated in the Decorate Your Golf Cart Contest!
We made our own little traveling tiki hut,
complete with a coral reef on the back!
There we are- off to the beach to have some fun.
Surprisingly it made it there in one piece and took home 1st place!!

I snapped a photo with my phone that night as the sun was setting- it was hard to believe that we were just on our little beach when you look at this photo!
no editing done to it - just a beautiful sunset on a fun summer night!
Aloha! 

Thanks for stopping by
Ann


I am linking up to the following parties:
Amaze Me Monday @ Dwellings - The Heart of Your Home
Celebrate Your Story @ Celebrate and Decorate
The Scoop @ Confessions of a Plate Addict
Reader Tip Tuesday @ Jodie Fitz
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life
Tablescape Thursday @ Between Naps on the Porch


Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley
Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley

In the past few years my interests have grown from fabric to paper and now to dishes too! I just love prints, polkadots, plaids and paisleys- hence the blog name.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my! What fun this must have been! Your golf cart looks adorable, I can see why you won first place! Sounds like life is wonderful and you are keeping yourself busy! Come on by and share your post at Celebrate Your Story tonight at 8 PM ET!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I can see why your tiki hut cart took the prize, so Fabulous!! Our beach community has a 4th of July parade when everyone decorates golf carts and vehicles, but we haven't ever entered, we just watch. Your mixing faux and real blooms is very effective! Cute cute table setting Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved seeing this! Your tablescape definitely captures the look and feel of a Luau - or at least what I picture as I've never been to Hawaii either. Terrific colours and florals. The golf cart decor is fantastic and you deserve 1st prize! Your night pic does look like a tropical paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg, i LOVE the coral reef. so smart. my inlaws host a luau every year, and really do it up. they could have gotten some inspiration from your decorating!
    b

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my how fun! The tiki hut cart is spectacular and your tablesetting is perfect for a luau!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun and colorful! The table is gorgeous but I especially love the rolling tiki hut, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your take on the Luau table. How fun to have the golf carts decorated. So colorful and I know you all had a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like so much fun....just love the golf cart!
    I hope we see you at the current Reader Tip Tuesday Party: http://www.jodiefitz.com/2017/08/22/reader-tip-tuesday-party-crafts-recipes/
    It's open all week & growing.

    ReplyDelete