Thursday, December 14, 2017

Christmas Table Clad in Plaid

The Corner of Plaid and Paisley presents Christmas Clad in Plaid!
I mixed several different plaids on this Christmas Tablescape.
As in the title of my blog, I am a lover of all things plaid!
So I hope this is not a plaid overload for you.
Just in case it was, I built a virtual tree lot down the middle of the table to break some of it up!
A simple red package all tied up with a big plaid bow and a sprig of greenery tops each place setting.
I was pleasantly surprised when I found this ribbon in my stash of Christmas stuff from several years ago.  Thankfully I had enough to embellish all six packages!
With all the plaids I thought it was best too keep a few things simple, like the napkin rings and the wine glasses.
The placemats and napkins are Winter Tartan, Williamsburg pattern by Park Designs.
The greenery placemat, white chargers, plaid plates and mugs are all from Pier1.
I bought the chargers several years ago, but I am pretty sure they still have them.  The greenery placemats were purchased in the middle of the summer when they had a sale going on. I had received a gift card for my birthday and saved it for something special -  when I saw these plaid dishes, I knew it was time to use the gift card.
Since it just snowed several inches, we have a beautiful white blanket covering everything and it is really beginning to look a lot like Christmas.  
I hope your Christmas preparations are going well.
Thanks for stopping by!
 Ann

Sources:
Tartan plaid placemats and napkins - Swiss Country Lawn & Crafts, Sugarcreek, Ohio
Greenery placemat, white charger plaid plates and mugs - Pier1
Twig flatware - Homegoods
Green salad plates - Butterchurn Kitchenwares, Walnut Creek, Ohio
Resin wood trees - Cracker Barrel

I am linking up to the following parties:
Tablescape Thursday @ Between Naps on the Porch 
Foodie Friday and Everything Else @ Rattlebridge Farm
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch 
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life
Celebrate Your Story @ Celebrate and Decorate
Reader Tip Tuesday @ Jodie Fitz
Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley
Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley

In the past few years my interests have grown from fabric to paper and now to dishes too! I just love prints, polkadots, plaids and paisleys- hence the blog name.

11 comments:

  1. Warm and comfortable! That's what I thought as soon as I opened your post. I love that you included wrapped presents at each place setting -- what could say "Christmas" more?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! Love all the different plaids and you've coordinated them wonderfully. The tree lot as a centerpiece is perfect with its natural tones of evergreens and wood. You did a great job spending your birthday gift card - what could be better for a tablescape lover! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had over a foot of snow, so it is surely going to be a white Christmas here! I love all your plaids and your table looks so festive and inviting! Enjoy the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous table with perfectly wrapped gifts at each place. I love all of the plaid. The napkins and placemats are wonderful and the little trees used in the centrepiece are a perfect compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This beautiful table is so you. Beautiful plaid ribbon, plates, napkins and placemats. Perfect for a Christmas tablescape and love your little trees for the centerpiece. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your table -- plaid makes the table look so special. I love the trees and want to do that on my mantle. After Christmas with white lights.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the plaid...and your table looks amazing. Will try some of your ideas for Christmas Eve dinner !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your woodland plaid table. The trees on your table are fabulous. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clad in plaid suits me just fine! Your table is lovely and I wish you a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute, love the wide fat ribbon on the packages and all the fresh greens! I hope you had a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete