Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Wedding Stuff!

We celebrated a wonderful wedding this weekend!!
My son and his fiancé tied the knot and we could not be happier!
I had spent the last couple weeks working on wedding stuff and I thought I would share some things just in case someone would want to use the ideas for their wedding as well.

My favorite - The Chalkboard Sign


This was a fairly simple project and I loved how it turned out.

I bought the sandwich board in a shop in Amish country - I forget how much it was - but I do remember when my girlfriend and I saw it - we thought it was much cheaper then we thought we would have to pay - so we snapped it up.
I have lent it out for several weddings, but now I finally got to use it for my own son's wedding.

I printed out what I wanted to say on my Silhoutte.
The script font is Magnolia Sky and the print font is Surf Shack.
Then I used white Saral transfer paper and just went over the outline of the letters.
You can see how that looks on Jenna's name.   Then you just have to color in your letters with a chalk marker.  I have tried quite a few different chalk markers and like these Chalk Ink markers the best, they come in several different colors and widths.

Then I did some small chalkboards - we used these for both the rehearsal dinner and on the bar tables during cocktail hour.  These are what I call cheater chalkboards!!

Because I just printed out the sayings on my Silhouette with a black background and white lettering- just cut them to the size of the chalkboard and used glue dots to adhere it to the board.
I use these small chalkboard easels over and over for basket raffles and buffet signs, and I found that this is a fast, easy way to make a cute sign.
I just embellished all the signs with some faux florals, again, using glue dots to adhere them so that I can take it apart and use it again - plus it is easier to transport the signs without the florals.
Nothing super special about my out of town guest bags.
I made a nice tag using the shape of Ohio.  We included bags of pretzels, chocolates, some instant coffee single cup servings, individual Shout wipe packets and of course, personalized water bottles.
You see that same Magnolia Sky font, I just made a very plain band with their names and used very wide packing tape over the light weight card stock band.

This was another favorite of mine!!  The Rehearsal Dinner dessert.
Not only because they were absolutely delicious, but they saved us quite a bit of money too!
Instead of paying another $6.95 for dessert at the restaurant we had the rehearsal dinner at - I packaged up these french twirl pastries I purchased at a local bakery for $1.49 each!
Again, I designed the tag on my Silhouette and added a sheer navy bow with a glue dot.

Sorry, no photos of the wedding couple - with them both being teachers, I respect their privacy on social media and try not to post anything with their photos.

I hope this helps anyone that maybe planning a wedding!

Thanks for stopping by!
Ann

Linked up to the following parties:
Celebrate Your Story! @ Celebrate & Decorate
Reader Tip Tuesday @ Jodie Fitz
Amaze Me Monday @ DWELLINGS - The Heart of Your Home
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
The Scoop @ Confessions of a Plate Addict
Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley
Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley

In the past few years my interests have grown from fabric to paper and now to dishes too! I just love prints, polkadots, plaids and paisleys- hence the blog name.

2 comments:

  1. Very cute. You did a nice job on your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! I am a budding wedding planner and this is simply amazing. I can use these ideas for my first solo project. Yes! I am helping my sister with her wedding. She has lined up some nice wedding venues and I am going to pick up the best one for her.

    ReplyDelete