Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas Cardinal Tablescape

Has Christmas come and gone already?  I hope not!  Due to an unfortunate chain of events in real life - I have not been able to blog much.  The timing of life's dilemmas happen to coincide with the most Wonderful Time of the Year!  Making it not quite so wonderful for us this year, but certainly we still feel blessed and thankful for all that we have and still find much joy to celebrate!

With that said - I am finally posting my Christmas Table!
I used traditional Red and Green, with a cardinal theme.
We do see quite a few cardinals in our trees, they are the Ohio state bird.
and the cardinals always look so beautiful against the evergreens and the snow. So I thought I would try to bring a little bit of that look to my table for Christmas once I found these plates.
The stemware reminds me of the swirling snow outside our window!
And of course, my hutch had to get into the Christmas mode too!
With some of my Santa collection
and this adorable Merry Christmas cup and saucer
 I just love the fonts used on this set!
I hope you are having a wonderful Christmas Season and are able to enjoy the peace and joy that the Miracle of Christmas brings.

I am linking up at the following parties:
Feathered Nest Fridays @French Country Cottage
Be Inspired @ Common Ground
Seasonal Sundays@The Tablescaper
Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley
Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley

In the past few years my interests have grown from fabric to paper and now to dishes too! I just love prints, polkadots, plaids and paisleys- hence the blog name.

10 comments:

  1. Oh how pretty. Your tablescape is stunning and all of your dishes and accessories are gorgeous. Love the cardinal theme. Very, very pretty. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi lovely lady.
    Your Tablescape with the cardinal theme is Beautiful with your dishes how sweet. Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my New Year's Eve post. I am hoping you have a wonderful New Year 2014 with your family.
    xxoo
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and perfectly festive! Hope that the New Year brings a change of tide for you.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh so love it went very nice for Christmas my mother loves the cardinal bird
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your table is so pretty!! I love cardinals in winter decorating! Also love your Santa collection!! Wishing you and yours a healthy and happy 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the plaid!! what a perfect Christmas table, I see its gone to the birds!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful warm table Ann, cardinals are my very favorite bird to see outside my window! I am so sorry you've had challenges lately, but I'm so glad you decided to set the holiday mood in your home anyway~you can enjoy it through the weeks of cold snowy weather! Hope things are back to normal soon~
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty Ann! Love the colors. Thanks so much for commenting on my blog. It's so appreciated. I adore your centerpiece...ad the cardinals!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. The red and green of this t'scape look so striking and perfect for your cardinal theme! My fave part of your table is the way you displayed the napkins with the pieces of greenery on top of the red with the rustic looking napkin holder. The "log' type candle holders look great too!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful table! I'm a big fan of plaid and love how bright your tablecloth looks. The white flatware is a great contrast!

    ReplyDelete