Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Spring Chick's Table

Happy first day of Spring!! 
I am welcoming spring with a table full of soft, pastel yellows and pinks,
and of course, tulips.
This table got it's name for more than the fact that there are some adorable little chicks on the table.
But because my husband says no guy would ever want to sit at this table!
There for it became a Spring Chick's Table.

I am happy to be included in a wonderful Springtime Tablescape Hop put together by the wonderful and talented Chloe Crabtree from Decorate and Celebrate. 
This is the second day of 22 bloggers showing wonderful spring tablescapes to inspire your decorating for the season.  All of the links to the fabulous bloggers involved are at the end of this post for your enjoyment.
All of the pastel stripes just kind of fell in place after I found these two pitchers in HomeGoods last week.  
My daughter had just given me a HomeGoods gift card for my birthday- but the last two or three times I had been in HomeGoods I really hadn't found anything. But Lo and Behold!! This time I hit the jackpot!
I found these pretty pale yellow and pink plates and the two pitchers that coordinated with them. My cart was full of finds, several things for future tables. But I still wasn't sure what I was going to use for a table cloth, until I walked next door into Stein Mart  -
and found this beach towel!! It had the perfect stripes on it - I figured - why not - everyone is using scarves on tables - why not a beach towel!
 The napkins I had, so I went down in my stash of things to find something special to use as a napkin ring. I found this spool of pastel striped ribbon I had left over from wrapping a baby gift and tied simple bows around the napkins.  
For some place cards I got out my little Crayola watercolors and just quickly swished some pastel stripes on a piece of paper. It was dry in just a minute, then used a die cut to cut the tags out of my watercolor paper, wrote the names on with a light green marker and tied them onto the napkins.
I finished off the table with these beautiful tulips that just scream springtime in Ohio!
Although - since it is still snowing every other day here -these came from the grocery store and not my garden!!

Here are the links to all the blogs involved in this week's hop.  Please check the other wonderful springtime tablescapes and see which one you like the best!

Monday

Wednesday
Bluesky at Home | A casa di Bianca | The Painted Apron | At Home with Jemma | Knock it Off Kim
Thursday

 Friday




I hope your spring is just around the corner - if it hasn't arrived already!
I know we are certainly ready for warmer weather here.

Thanks for stopping by.
Ann

Sources:
Table covering - beach towel from Stein Mart
Chargers - Pier 1 Imports
Pastel Plates and Striped Pitchers - HomeGoods last week
Clear glass salad plates - Dutch Valley Gifts, Sugar Creek, Ohio - last summer
Glass Dessert Plates - The Peddler, Walnut Creek, Ohio - last summer
Napkins and flatware - HomeGoods - several years ago
Stemware - wedding gift 35 years ago!

I will be linking up with:
Celebrate Your Story @ Celebrate & Decorate
Happiness is Home Made @ BlueSky at Home
Wow US Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Tablescape Thursday @ Between Naps on the Porch

Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley
Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley

In the past few years my interests have grown from fabric to paper and now to dishes too! I just love prints, polkadots, plaids and paisleys- hence the blog name.

29 comments:

  1. What a lovely, pretty table! I think the guys would sit there happily if they were being fed, LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann, This chick would be happy to sit at your spring table! I love the pastel pinks and yellows together and I would have never known your table covering is a beach towel...it looks like a throw with the fringey ends. There is nothing prettier than tulips for spring. I love HomeGoods, I need a 12-step program! It's that way for me too...I'll pop in and see nothing and then my next visit, I see everything. :) Thank for the beautiful table inspiration this morning, it's always a pleasure to blog hop with you. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE Ann! the beach towel could not be more perfect with the pale pastel stripes! Love the pink and yellow color palette, and your flowers have me swooning! Just adorable, and so so pretty! Hope your snow melts soon. It was 80 in Alabama yesterday, but of course that meant tornadoes, awful! Happy Hopping!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot to mention the beautiful water color tags!! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful and soft colors. I love it! Plus men should be so lucky to be able to sit there. The food is the dessert and the decor is the entree. ;-) You did a beautiful table Ann. Like you I haven't seen too much at HG that I need to bring home yet but I am hopeful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ann, I am one "Chick" who would love to come sit at your table! It is so pretty. All my favorite pastel colors. Cannot believe that is a beach towel! Gorgeous. What great finds at Home Goods. We don't have a Home Goods here, but Home Sense comes pretty close, and I almost have to stay away to avoid spending a fortune with all the fun seasonal things they had for spring! And, of course I love the flowers. I am a sucker for hydrangeas! Simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spring, is indeed welcome! Your table is so cheerful and happy! You did hit the jackpot when you found the stripe pitchers and clever beach towel tablecloth. Your plate stack made it all zing together perfectly. I love your napkins with the lace edge. I love tulips also, and you will see them on my table on Friday.
    Happy Spring in Ohio!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This beautiful tablescape sings Spring! I feel so much joy here and this is a table that I would love to be invited to. Love the floral mix of yellow and pink combined with the hydrangeas. Brilliant and clever use of a the beach towel and it has the best hues! Gorgeous!
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ann, I love all the pastels. We speak the same language. I have a pink and white pitcher and similar plates ~ also from Home Goods. Love the silverware. Have a similar set. Your tulips are so beautiful. Happy to be sharing on the Spring Tablescape Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay Ann! Can I come sit at your chick table and sip a cuppa with you? It is so inviting with all the pastels and the beach towel is perfect. I love the little pitchers and am always jealous of the finds at Home Goods of the other bloggers as mine is either picked over by the time I get there or it never existed on the shelves. Good find. It is always ufn blog hopping with you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ann, you have a beautiful kitchen. I noticed it in the backdrop of a couple of the photos. I am dreaming of a new kitchen, and I am envious of yours. Your spring table is just beautiful with all of its pretty pastel colors. Everything looks just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ann, how I love your chicks table! It may not be spring outside your home, but your table has definitely welcomed spring in. The beach towel is a great idea and I love the yellow and pink striped pitchers! I wish HG wasn’t 60 miles from my home. Pink and yellow plus tulips says springtime! What a joy to blog hop with you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh boy I do love this! The pastels and stripes totally warm my heart. Love those cute pitchers with tulips! You know you are going to start a trend using that beach towel for a tablecloth!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful palette! Love pink and yellow together, and your floral centerpiece is beautiful!
    Ps Me too I often use beach towels as tablecloth 😊

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ann, the stars were definitely aligned for you on this trip to HG - that's so pretty and so perfect for spring! ALL of your tables recently have just been outstanding, and it's hard to pick a favorite, but this one's really pulling me in. Those chicks!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty! You've created such a fantastic tablescape based on those two terrific pitchers! I would never have guessed that was a beach towel but it totally works as does everything you've put together here. Just love it all! You can tell your hubby that my Easter table is going to be full-on pastel with lots of pink and I am making men sit at it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. So beautiful. What a great idea using the striped beach towel. It looks beautiful on the table with your dishes. The water color name cards are darling. Pink and yellow screams spring. Loving this color combo. A pleasure to visit and take in the beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your soft pastel stripes and your ribbon for napkin rings is genious! Such a pretty spring table.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the combination of yellow and pink. I would never have guessed your tablecloth was a beach towel! So clever! I'd be very happy to sit at this gorgeous table

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Ann, I LOVE this setting! Let's just start with the name - and trust a guy to dub even a table a "chick" table. :) Your centerpiece, amazing. Stepping outside of the box and using a towel as a table cover? Amazing. Love those watercolor tags as well. This table is not only beautiful, it's styling is accessible for all of us - for this, I love it the most!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your watercolor napkin rings are so perfect paired with your striped pitchers. I love all o the soft pastels, it really says "springtime"! Those couple of little yellow chicks actually look like real baby chicks! aHappy Spring! Thank you so much for joining another fabulous blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the color combination and since I'm a 'chick' would love to sit at this table! Cute ideas and I love the beach towel as a tablecloth!! I have young Grands and that would make an easy to clean tablecloth!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is lovely! Using the beach towel was brilliant, and the way its stripes coordinate with those pitchers is so beautiful. Yes, it's a chick's table but once the food is served, I guarantee the men will come! You did a splendid job!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ann, your table full of Spring pastels just makes me smile. Each item is lovely and combined make a beautiful table for Easter/Spring. You did hit the jackpot with this visit. The yellow plates are so gorgeous and the pink pitcher and pretty ribbon are so pretty. Very clever using the towels! Happy Spring.......

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love everything about this table 💗💗💗 could you tell me the name on the backs of the dinner plates, they are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna, the plates are Made in Portugal - Matceramica - www.matceramica.com
      Ceramics gold - I hope this helps!!

      Delete
  26. I love everything about this! The yellow and pinks are so cheerful for spring, and it's the perfect Easter table.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the name of your table! I can’t believe that is a beach towel. It looks gorgeous! So creative! The Spring colors are just so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Another cute table! I love all the soft colors and springtime in your home. Makes me smile!!!

    ReplyDelete